What can you do with SystemLink?
SystemLink is a feature-filled platform geared around optimising operational efficiencies.
SystemLink configuration and deployment
SystemLink provides a central web application that improves the efficiency of remote configuration tasks and software deployment processes. Managing configuration activities for a fleet of distributed test and measurement systems can be daunting, especially when systems incorporate a variety of device configurations and software combinations. SystemLink is designed specifically to improve these configuration processes by providing a central web application for tasks such as software installation, device updates, and diagnostic functions. Although aligned with LabVIEW-based test and measurement solutions, SystemLink also offers an open architecture that supports third-party software and hardware.
- Centrally manage distribution software. Manage a central repository for software distribution packages as well as an intuitive application experience to organise and oversee the software feeds to which systems can subscribe.
- Optimise the software deployment process. Improve software configuration compliance and the velocity of program updates with tools to deploy to multiple systems simultaneously, including dependency awareness, versioning, and component-level updates.
- Perform remote device configuration and diagnostics. Access a central view of connected systems and installed devices as well as a variety of remote configuration functions. All system events are tracked and logged for historical auditing.
SystemLink Health and Performance
SystemLink provides applications and tools that improve system uptime and monitor the performance of test and measurement assets. Continuous monitoring of system health and performance is essential for test throughput and production continuity. Detecting problems early can prevent minor system issues from becoming major operational disruptions. SystemLink provides preconfigured system monitoring features and an open framework that you can use to connect custom application data with an alarms engine and notification workflow. You benefit from standard reporting views and the ability to configure operational dashboards using data transferred from LabVIEW and other applications.
- Health monitoring services. Track system health with preconfigured monitoring services and a high-performance data reporting engine. Use LabVIEW or Web Service APIs to extend and customise the data services.
- Alarms management and notifications. Notify key stakeholders with a configurable alarms engine and user-defined email notification workflows. Associate custom application data to alarms based on unique solution requirements.
- Calibration reporting. Automatically detect calibration data from NI devices and track calibration events across all managed systems.
DataFinder Server helps you search and manage your team’s measurement data regardless of location or file type with automated data standardisation and an automatically built, searchable index that anyone can use to find the data they need. As the data you acquire grows exponentially, it can be difficult for teams to search and manage it for useful information. You and your team can save time and effort in finding the data you need with DataFinder Server. You can automate data standardisation and enrichment, quickly find your data using an automatically built search index, and seamless scale to larger deployments for worldwide organisations.
How it can help:
- Automatically prepare your data from multiple sources for queries and analysis. Data from various sources may use different units and nomenclatures or be corrupt. Automatically standardise metadata, verify data quality, and convert to Technical Data Management Streaming (TDMS) to ensure data is consistent regardless of origin.
- Quickly access and search your group’s measurement data. DataFinder Server automatically indexes files of any type located anywhere on your network. The whole team can access the group's measurement data at one time with full-text or parametric search options using DIAdem, LabVIEW, or a web client.
- Scale data access and searching to global teams. DataFinder Server is backed by industry-standard technology and can handle terabytes of data. Set up a federation to link multiple servers so global teams can access one source of data. Create your own or connect to existing ASAM ODS servers.
Analysis Server helps you analyse more of your data and drive maximum insight from it by automating post-processing scripts on a server. It helps you and your team automate data analysis and report generation on a server. You can make data-driven decisions with confidence by reusing DIAdem and Python scripts created by team domain experts, interactively setting up logic and triggering options to decide when analysis scripts run, and using multiple options for server configuration.
How it can help:
- Intelligently analyse new files and generate reports automatically. Analysis Server automates analysis and report generation. You can upload DIAdem and Python scripts, choose triggering and logic options for controlling when and what scripts execute, and use the web manager or REST API to set up and deploy tasks.
- Standardise analysis and reporting for your team. Analysis Server improves data analysis and reporting for teams. You can upload up to 10 000 scripts created by domain experts for your team to use. You can also use admin accounts to limit access for configuring and managing tasks, and add more parallelised tasks as your team’s needs grow.
SystemLink data visualisation
- Rapidly configure web dashboards. Create configurable drag-and-drop, web-based dashboards with bidirectional communication between a central server and a group of connected nodes. The SystemLink Dashboard Builder provides high-performance engineering widgets and adaptive layouts for mobile devices.
Host LabVIEW NXG WebVI interfaces. Host customer-specific web applications designed with the LabVIEW NXG Web Module to access data from any web browser, without client-side plug-ins or installers required.
- Use intuitive, high-performance data services. Programmatically communicate monitoring values and messages generated by distributed applications to a centralised server using secure, scalable data services with LabVIEW and Web Service APIs.
SystemLink Cloud for data visualisation
Developing distributed applications typically requires the configuration and management of web server and database infrastructure. NI is removing this obstacle to solution delivery with the SystemLink Cloud for data visualisation. It’s a hosted service in a secure, scalable cloud-computing environment. SystemLink Cloud enables development teams to use the configuration-based SystemLink Dashboard Builder and integrates with the LabVIEW NXG Web Module.
- Visualise engineering data. Quickly visualise engineering data from remote systems through drag-and-drop, web-based dashboards with bidirectional communication between the cloud-hosted server and connected test and measurement nodes.
Host LabVIEW NXG WebVI interfaces. Create custom web interfaces with the LabVIEW NXG Web Module and quickly deploy applications in the cloud for stakeholders to access through a web browser or mobile device.
- Use intuitive, high-performance data services. Send monitoring and messaging data to the SystemLink Cloud service using the same LabVIEW and Web Service APIs used for solutions based on SystemLink Server technology.
SystemLink for automated tests
SystemLink provides a test sequence monitoring option that live reports test results in a web application. It also extends native integration to TestStand and an open API for integration with customer-specific test executives developed in the LabVIEW environment and other languages.
- Monitor and report test results. A centralised web application displays test execution details across a collection of networked test stations. You can access pass/fail status at the sequence and step level as well as attached test reports.
Integrate natively with TestStand. You can track test sequence and step status with live reporting from TestStand-based applications that give access to pass/fail metrics per system and configuration of custom properties and metadata.
Create custom dashboards with Test Results. SystemLink publishes test results as tag data that is accessible to the Dashboard Builder, so you can create unique web interfaces to track and monitor test activity.